Using Nutrition to Treat Heart Disease in Encino
Eating consciously is important, as certain foods can increase your risk for heart disease. For those at serious risk for heart disease, opting for a dietary option can be much better than suffering some of the side effects of medications on the market today.
It’s important to first consult with your general practitioner or physician about your current health concerns, then consult with our Encino nutritionist who can work with you to devise a meal and lifestyle change that is right for you.
Here are some basic tips for those looking to prevent or reduce their likelihood of heart disease.
- Control your portion size
- Eat more fruits and vegetables
- Select whole grains
- Limit unhealthy fats
- Choose low fat protein sources
- Reduce the sodium in your food
- Plan ahead, cook the night before or that morning if need be
- Allow yourself an occasional treat