What is Acupuncture?
About Acupuncture Treatment
Acupuncture is one of the oldest healing practices in the world, with
origins dating back to traditional Chinese medicine practiced as early
as 1600 1100 BCE. The practice of acupuncture involves inserting needles
into the skin on very specific stimulating, meridian points for the
purpose of relieving tension, stress, and pain relief. The fact that
acupuncture is still widely used today, even amidst such amazing
innovations in medical science and technology, speaks volumes about its
effectiveness at harnessing the body's natural capabilities to heal.
From chronic pain and allergies, to diabetes and stress related
ailments, acupuncture is used to treat a wide range of conditions, even
nausea and weight loss. Other conditions acupuncture is used to treat
include, but are not limited to:
- Musculoskeletal system fibromyalgia, TMJ pain, sprains or strains, carpal tunnel syndrome, sciatica, tendonitis, and back, neck, and joint pain
- Digestive / gastrointestinal system nausea, vomiting, gastritis, peptic ulcer, constipation, colitis, indigestion, Crohn's disease, diarrhea, IBS
- Reproductive / urinary system infertility, menstrual problems, menopause, endometriosis, prostate problems, UTI
- Nervous system stress, anxiety, tension and migraine headaches, dizziness, insomnia
- Respiratory / cardiovascular system sinusitis, asthma, allergies, hypertension, hypoglycemia, high cholesterol, bronchitis
- Childhood imbalances symptoms of autism, ADD, and ADHD
Today, numerous studies have established a solid
evidence base that finds acupuncture to be an effective treatment option
for providing pain relief and post-operative nausea.
There is no patient too young or too old to receive acupuncture as a treatment option. However, if you are still weary of needles our specialist also offers acupressure as a substitute for your acupuncture treatment.
If you are interested in learning more about acupuncture or acupressure at our encino office and what it can offer you as a treatment option, we encourage you to call our office to schedule a consultation to speak with our Encino acupuncturist, Forooz at (818)995-4488.
Visit our acupuncture reviews on our Yelp page, or share your experience with the community!